we are travlrs
we are travlrs
The San Diego Zoo is the largest zoological membership association in the world.
Each year seems to be more challenging for golf superintendents who are constantly trying to offer the best playing conditions for their patrons. Joining an association of people who experience the same realities of budget cuts, environmental issues, and health and safety guidelines can be very beneficial. The OVTA provides access to continued education, opportunities to obtain your IPM points (cec's), information and resources through it's website www.ovta.ca, and a quarterly newsletter, Turf Matters, not to mention plenty of opportunities for networking with colleagues during golf tournaments and social functions.
The OVTA has over 200 members and has established a reputation for providing quality educational seminars. The annual cost of membership for 2017 is a very reasonable $99.00 including HST.
You are invited to become a member of the Ottawa Valley Turfgrass Association. Simply complete an application form and return it with your payment.
Benefits of Membership:
• Membership in an association which carries credibility in important industry debates and which is actively involved in topics like environment, IPM, pesticides, health and safety, just to mention a few.
• Access to programs of continuing education designed to help you meet requirements, achieve goals and further your career
• Participation in social activities such as golf tournaments to promote professionalism and networking amongst other member colleagues and industry affiliates
• Participation in the annual Winter Conference & Tradeshow, which includes Educational Seminars are very informative and a great developmental resource provided by the OVTA, which can be used to obtain your IPM points
• Turf Matters, the quarterly newsletter of the OVTA will be mailed to you, has information and articles on the industry's latest technology and developments, state-of-the-art techniques, current trends, as well as current affairs with the membership and the associations major activities
• The OVTA website www.ovta.ca is constantly updated with member news, calendar of events, job postings, a for sale section and more
• Listing in the member directory, which is an ideal reference tool. The directory is updated and distributed on an annual basis.
• Membership in an association that promotes continuing education for its members and offers financial support through bursaries to students in the field
• Access to a channel of distribution for job offers in the industry
• Membership in an association that promotes scientific research (OVTRF Committee) related to the management and maintenance of golf courses
Membership Application 2017.pdf
Membership Application FILLABLE 2017.pdf